Wednesday, February 7, 2018

What time is it?

No, not adventure time.
No, not time to get a watch.

It's time for the monthly meeting of the Insecure Writers Support Group!

This month, I'm talking about OPPORTUNITIES.
Some people wait for opportunity to knock. Some give up after missing out on one opportunity. But I recommend reaching out and grabbing every opportunity you can handle!

Sometimes I get really down about not being able to write as much as I need to, or not being able to visit other bloggers as much as I'd like to. I worry and fret and hope I reach my goals, and hope my friends are still there when I finally find time to reconnect.

I should know by now that things usually work out. Though not always as expected, if we keep working and taking chances, new opportunities will arise!

Don't give up. Keep at it. We're all pretty much headed in the same direction, just at different paces and stops along the way.


It's also time to post results from last month's Writer's Life Survey #14 - Music that Moves You!


What song could accompany one of your books/stories?
  • Bring Me to Life by Evanescence - Book II...Sarah
  • Dragon on the Sea - Book: Dragon of the Stars
  • Two characters with full background for a Star Wars RPG inspired by the song "Your Winter" by Sister Hazel.
  • When You Say You Love Me by Josh Groban - Book: Murder, Madness & Love
  • Demons by Imagine Dragons - Book: Hoosier Dad
  • Johnny's Cash's cover of Hurt - Book: Leaves of Fall
  • Too many to list - I imagine a soundtrack LP for all my stories!
  • Hold Me Now by Red - Book: Rising series
  • The Four Seasons' "Rag Doll" - Book: Little Ragdoll



What would be your theme song? Or one of your favorite inspirational songs?

Last Chance by Shooting Star
YYZ by Rush
Rise Up by Andra Day
Amazing Grace
If I Only Had a Brain from the Wizard of Oz
Basketcase by Green Day
Behind Blue Eyes by The Who
Dare You to Move by Switchfoot
Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
My Way by Frank Sinatra (2 chose this!)


And last, but not least...
It's time to give another shout out about the upcoming IWSG Anthology - Tick Tock Mysteries! And share some new links...

BLOG! Tick Tock Mysteries - Each of the authors will offer a post per month, with more closer to release time (May 1) If you have any questions about the anthology or the stories, I'd be happy to use them or pass them along!

PRE-ORDERS!
Amazon ~~~ B&N

Put on your To Read List:

Got any surprise opportunity stories? Don't miss my next #WritersLife Survey Feb 16 - Writing Faux Pas. And look for more sneak peeks about Tick Tock coming soon!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a LOVELY FEBRUARY!

26 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Let's hear it for rock!
Interesting mix of songs there.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

We all move at our own pace. As long as we're moving forward, moving in the direction of our dreams and goals, it's all good. :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Hi Tara, I agree with you that we must reach out and grab every opportunity we get and that we can handle!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Sometimes those new opportunities come when we least expect them.

It appears music is divided evenly in thirds with people.

Chrys Fey said...

"What time is it?" TOOL TIME! haha Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Yay, rock!

Anonymous said...

I worry about that stuff too. It's especially bugging me right now and I have to keep reminding myself to not worry. I have important stuff to take care of and there's nothing to be done about it.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I love reading your survey results. I always thing, 'Yes, this is my tribe.'

Christine Rains said...

I always love seeing the results of your surveys. :) I'm surprised that many have written songs.

M.J. Fifield said...

I try to say yes to every writing-related opportunity that comes my way, but I know I could really do a better job of seeking them out. It's a process.

Interesting results from the survey. It's very evenly split. I love that so many of us have written songs.

Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt is on one of my WIP's "soundtracks". It's such a great song.

Laura Clipson said...

There have been so many songs that have inspired me in the past - if I ever need to find some ideas, I just listen to some music.
I do listen to music when I write, but it's mostly music without lyrics, otherwise I get distracted and sing along!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

"I should know by now that things will work out." I know, right? How do we lose sight of that? I lose that focus all the time. I guess it's all about learning to live where we are right here, right now, and not letting the unexpected (issue/problem) waver us. #sigh I'm still learning.

And wow on the listening to music while writing survey. So interesting that it broke down evenly.

The Silver Fox said...

That's a pretty even split on that very first question!

Loni Townsend said...

I know I have to abandon blogging from time to time just to get words written in the book realm. Glad to see things are working out.

Juneta key said...

I enjoy your surveys. Yeah for Rock N Roll!

Denise Covey said...

Hey Tara, interesting results of your surveys. I prefer quiet when I write for sure. And yes, blogging takes a little too much time if you ever want to get those books finished. I now only blog once or twice a month and it works. I feel like I'm missing out, but something has to give.

Shannon Lawrence said...

After many dry months in terms of interesting calls for fiction, the new year brought tons. I can't possibly write to everything interesting me. But trying to hit all the interesting projects in my head does tend to keep me from my blog.

Angela Wooldridge said...

Don't sweat it too much, I think none of us ever have enough time to write or to visit all the blogs. We can only do as much as we can.

Diane Burton said...

Great survey answers. I LOL over "If Only I Had a Brain." Yep, that's me some days. Fast or slow writing. We can only write as fast as our brain works. There are days when our brains are on speed, and other days it's sluggish. Do your best. That's all we can do.

Tamara Narayan said...

Cool survey! I don't listen to music unless I'm editing and I'm definitely a classic rock fan for that chore. My favorite song right now is I Will Possess Your Heart by Death Cab for Cutie. Not sure if that qualifies as my theme song though.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tara - interesting results in the survey. Also things always turn around ... the main thing is to keep doing things towards one's goal ... good luck - cheers Hilary

H. R. Sinclair said...

Interesting how most were split fairly evenly! I was one who was an 'other' on music. I listen more to sounds.

dolorah said...

Any progress is progress. Thats what I keep telling myself.

Michelle Wallace said...

I move at a snail's pace! LOL
But I'm getting there...
Happy Writing! *waving*

cleemckenzie said...

I guess all of us have those times when we just don't feel up to doing much of anything. Sluggish a the word, all right. Great data, Tara.

HowardGrace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HowardGrace said...

I wish to convey my admiration for your generosity giving support to visitors who have the need for assistance with your idea. Your real dedication to passing the solution across appeared to be quite valuable and has frequently permitted some individuals like me to get to their desired goals. This valuable tutorial entails a lot a person like me and a whole lot more to my office workers. Many thanks; from everyone of us. Amyl Australia

Popular Posts